Sunday, February 24, 2008

Cool Stuff

Now I am hooked! The Wordshoot game is truly addictive...good-bye to reading...it's shooting words from now on. Of course, I don't know if my poor heart can take the rush. I might have to take a sick day or two to recover from all the adrenaline cruising through my body. Awesome.

One of my favorite board games is Scrabble. Unlucky for me, my family doesn't really care for it but now I COULD sign up with Scrabulous and play with strangers. However, I don't think I'll do that. I am spending way to much time already reading my RSS feeds and contributing (sometimes anyway) to discussion groups. If I'll add Scrabulous I'll never get off the computer - you know how it goes...just one more game and then I'll stop! Ha!

I also checked out Yahoo! Answers. Wow. Some of the answers given are truly horrific. People who have absolutely no idea what they are talking about, shooting off their mouth and giving advice. Yikes. I wouldn't trust these answers at all. I think I'll have to come back on a a "Slam the Boards!" day to see if the replies are more credible when librarians give answers. At least, they will back up their answers with sources...or so I hope. Scrolling through the questions and answers I have to surmise that there are a ton of very lonely people out there with lots of strange questions some of which could be answered with just a tiny bit of research. I guess it is a sign of the times that people are not willing to invest any time in finding out the answers to some very simple questions (and I am not saying ALL the questions are easy!) themselves.

No comments: